Lucy Addict
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum sur la merveilleuse Lucy Lawless

AccueilDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion

Avec

RENEÉ O’CONNOR

Plus d'informations, ici : www.xivents.com/xenite-con

-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
69.99 € 139.99 €
Voir le deal

23 avril

AuteurMessage
Xenaline ♥
Princess of the war
Princess of the war
Xenaline ♥

23 avril Empty
MessageSujet: 23 avril   23 avril Icon_minitimeMer 11 Aoû - 13:55

Hellooooo, Kittens!

Congratulations to you all on getting Marissa through the first few rounds. I think the campaign has picked up steam. She has relaxed into the job and is now having fun.

She even inked a deal to do her own talk show next year. I toyed with that myself last year in a fit of pique with acting. But fate intervened and I have now pitched my tent at Camp Sandler. Which, frankly my Dears, is a damn fine place to be!

Getting ready for the London gig and it's going to be a doozy. The whole set is built around “G.L.O.R.I.A.” by Patti Smith. It is reportedly a song written in reaction to her strong Jehovah's Witness upbringing. It's about a punky girl aggressively exploring her sexuality and owning it. Bloody powerful song. It starts "Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine . . ." I have to confess this was a tough line for me, Catholic girl that I was -- fallen though I am. The rest is a wild sapphic rant. It's so damn powerful that once you hear it, you can't ignore it. Plus Patti Smith is to American punk, what Nina Simone is to Soul -- both High-Priestesses. I could not back down from the invitation to dance. I met Patti Smith about 1996 and she invited me to visit her in NYC which I did. Some young boy answered the door and I asked if that was her son and she replied, "No, that's X, my boyfriend." She just don't quit.

Wrapped around that is some Garbage "SHUT YOUR MOUTH," some Marianne Faithfull, "BROKEN ENGLISH" and even an ode to masturbation in the Divinyl's "I TOUCH MYSELF."

SO, YOUSE WUZ WARNED!
NO PRUDES AND NO KIDDIES AT THIS SHOW.
WEAR YOUR LEATHERS. IT'S GOING TO BE A BUMPY RIDE.
BELIEVE IT.

Love to love ya, Baby,
L
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://lucy-addict.forumactif.com

23 avril
Page 1 sur 1