Plus d'informations, ici : www.xivents.com/xenite-con

Partagez | 

27 Septembre

AuteurMessage
Xenaline ♥
Princess of the war
Princess of the war

MessageSujet: 27 Septembre    Mer 11 Aoû - 16:02

Sharon has been bugging me to speak about Paw Justice. Before I came back to NZ, my friend, a former Stuntman on Xena, Shaughn Campbell, asked me to participate in a petition to increase penalties against animal abusers. He formed “PAW JUSTICE” and asked all his celebrity mates to join in. There had been a couple of cases of extreme brutality that month, one involving some lunatic cutting the paws off a live kitten. We all said we'd be happy to be part of it. We are on an equal footing saying we concur that cruelty of any kind is not okay. Paw Justice points out that people who abuse in this way do not stop at animals.

But the causes I have truly made commitments to are STARSHIP and the SIGN ON campaign. I have been associated with the Starship foundation for nearly a decade and I am proud to be of service to them in whatever way I can. They are a fantastic bunch of people.

The Sign On campaign is a most immediate concern. We want our prime Minister in NZ, Mr. John Key, to know that he has the backing of New Zealanders to sign on to 40% carbon emissions reduction by 2020 as the scientists say we must. Big Business is reactionary, but they need to recognise that no one ever went out of business by adapting to the times. And no species ever went extinct by adapting to its changing environment.

That's what we have -- a changing environment. We need to adapt our habits, homes, communities and business models.

There is a World Summit on Climate Change in Copenhagen this December. Our governments have to support health of our planet over profit margins. Make sure your MP, Senator or Congressman knows your view. They represent you. What do you want them to say on your behalf?

Yesterday, I went on a Peace march here in Auckland wearing my Sign On shirt. I found myself surrounded by animal rights campaigners in pig and chicken suits, which spawned a hundred jokes as we were crossing the road. My pals from Greenpeace were there as were Maori elders and the Mayor of Waitakere, Bob Harvey. It was a pleasant morning, though my dog was a bit hacked off at all the noisy humans screwing up her walk. Not her idea of an outing.
Up and at 'em!
L

°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø Xenaline °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`º¤ø,

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://lucy-addict.forumactif.com
miss tagada
Lucyole experimentée
Lucyole experimentée

MessageSujet: Re: 27 Septembre    Mer 11 Aoû - 19:42

On peut pas voir la photo sa affiche une croix =S
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://http//gaby050.skyrock.com