Partagez | 

16 septembre

AuteurMessage
Xenaline ♥
Princess of the war
Princess of the war

MessageSujet: 16 septembre   Mer 11 Aoû - 14:39

Sent Sept. 13, 2009:
Well, here we go again! I have given myself a lovely cold a week out from a singing assignment. The Supernova Swing event happens in Auckland this week to raise funds for Starship and give Auckland a truly celebratory night with all those great songs of the swing era. I was really excited to see all the pros singing at rehearsal last week. I was definitely taking notes. Kirsten Morell has the most knock-out voice ever. She transforms a big-band standard into something fresh. It’s an old-fashioned word but she is delightful.

Actually, the reason I got sick this time has nothing to do with anxiety about singing. I got so upset when the WWF report on Climate Change and Arctic melt off came out last week, that I just about started bleeding out my eyes. I realised I needed to get better coping skills to keep being involved, healthy and effective. I keep thinking about nurses dealing with constant trauma, loss, upset and how they have to keep believing in the everyday miracle. We have so much know-how in terms of addressing our energy needs for the future, but there is little political will to take the kinds of steps scientists insist we must. It is beyond frustrating.

In any case, it is nice to be participating in the Supernova Swing, something that has so much joy attached to it. I am wearing something old, something new (by Liz Mitchell) and am now hunting for something to put in my hair. This is the first day off I’ve had in a while and I am actually able to get the wig glue out of my hairline. It is, after all, a very special occasion.

I will try to get photos out from the dressing room, but there may be no reception.

Singing “That Old Devil Called Love,” “Satin Doll” and “My Baby Just Cares For Me.” Plus “Baby It’s Cold Outside” with Peter Urlich. And bv’s for Jason Kerrison on the song, “Amore.”
Big Fun.
L

°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø Xenaline °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`º¤ø,

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://lucy-addict.forumactif.com

16 septembre
Page 1 sur 1