Lucy Addict
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum sur la merveilleuse Lucy Lawless

AccueilDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion

Avec

RENEÉ O’CONNOR

Plus d'informations, ici : www.xivents.com/xenite-con

13 jullet

AuteurMessage
Xenaline ♥
Princess of the war
Princess of the war
Xenaline ♥

13 jullet Empty
MessageSujet: 13 jullet   13 jullet Icon_minitimeMer 11 Aoû - 13:40

Greetings, Earthlings!

I am making antennae and sewing a wig for tomorrow night. I have written a very silly speech for my contribution to the HRC's San Francisco Gala tomorrow night. The focus of the evening is getting the laws altered so that companies may no longer discriminate against workers based on their sexual orientation, gender identity. Most large companies already have this in their company doctrine /mission statement but in 30 states, technically, a person can still be fired for being gay or transgendered, even if they are stellar workers. Of course this doesn't apply to religious organisations, nor even to companies of ten people or less, since even a frivilous lawsuit could wipe-out the livlihoods of those ten people. But it doesn't seem too much to ask that the law actually reflects blind justice.

In any case, I have taken it upon myself to be the comic relief. With many human rights luminaries speaking, how else could I hope to have any authority? Elizabeth Edwards is a keynote speaker and Leonard Nimoy is introducing George Takei who is receiving the Equality Award.
Gotta go to bed.
running . . . out . . . of juice.
L u c y
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://lucy-addict.forumactif.com

13 jullet
Page 1 sur 1